Maersk Line in Colombia is represented by Maersk Colombia S.A.
- December 1992: Maersk started business in Colombia represented by a local agent.
- September 1994: Maersk Colombia S.A. established.
- April 1997: Maersk Colombia S.A. opens its 6th office in the Barranquilla port.
- June 1997: The Maersk Line contribution to the economic development of the country is recognized by Cartagena Port Authorities.
- 1999: Maersk Line became market leader, with a 10% of the total import & export market.
- February 2006: Maersk Sealand made offical the acquisition of P&O Nedlloyd and from this date it is called Maersk Line.
Maersk Line is the only carrier in Colombia represented by their own agent.
We offer weekly services from main ports: Buenaventura in the Pacific coast and Cartagena, Barranquilla and Santa Marta in the Caribbean.
Our organization in the country is as follows:
- Head Office: Bogotá.
- Port offices: Barranquilla (Attending Barranquila and Santa Marta Service), Buenaventura, Cartagena (attending commercial and operative tasks).
- Sales offices: Bogotá, Cali and Medellín.
» Offices & contacts